Forklift is a one day workshop that covers the following topic areas:
• Workplace Health & Safety Legislative Requirements
• Elements of a Forklift/Counterbalance Truck
• The Stability Triangle
• Daily Forklift Operator Check List
• The Principles of a Forklift
• Safe Operations of a Lift Truck
• Characteristics of a Competent Forklift Operator
• Destabilizing Factors
The purpose of this training session is to present industry training requirements to ensure correct utilization, safe and efficient operation of Counterbalance Lift Trucks in order to reduce incidents in the field and attain a zero injury status in the field on all projects in Canada.
Successful completion of this training material should ensure that participants have sufficient knowledge to safely operate a Lift Truck and meet Alberta Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) requirements regarding lift truck operations. This course is for the end user and follows the Alberta best practices / CSA standards with regards to Forklifts. Certifications are 3 years in duration. CICT is also able to offer competency testing on all equipment courses that we instruct and is at additional cost, please see our pricing or call the local office in your area.